Social Distancing Policy
The Social Distancing Policy of Harbourside Gymnastics Club is to be adopted while
the restrictions of the Coronavirus remain in place. It applies to anyone
coming into the gym in any capacity, including employees at all
levels. It has been created to ensure, so far as it is reasonably practicable,
that work will be carried out in our workplace with a commitment to
protecting everyone who comes onto the premises.
This policy has the full support of the Directors.
In implementing this commitment to manage social distancing properly we
- Carry out a COVID-19 risk assessment. Before restarting work. We
will ensure the safety of the workplace by carrying out a risk assessment
and letting our employees know the results of the risk assessment.
- Encourage employees, parents and gymnasts to walk or cycle to the gym where possible.
- Employees should not use public transport if there is an alternative available.
- Stagger arrival and leaving times and provide floor markings, so that
everyone can maintain a 2-metre distance when entering the building if arriving
around the same time as others. (We will be providing hand-sanitiser for use upon entry and exit of the gym and at all stations around the gym.
- Use clear signage to ensure visitors follow hand hygiene around the gym.
- Use signage to visitors of social distancing
- Encourage all gymnasts to follow social distancing guidance as best to our ability PLEASE BE AWARE BY ALLOWING YOUR GYMNAST TO RETURN YOU ACCEPT THAT THIS MAY NOT ALWAYS BE POSSIBLE ESPECIALLY WITH YOUNGER GYMNASTS
- Coaches will follow social distancing guidance where it is possible again due to the safety of gymnasts this may not always be possible and again BY ALLOWING YOUR GYMNAST BACK YOU ACCEPT THAT SOCIAL DISTANCING MAY NOT ALWAYS BE POSSIBLE IN SITUATIONS THAT IS BETTER FOR THE COACH TO TOUCH YOUR CHILD RATHER THAN THEM FALL OR INJURE THEMSELVES.